What's new

Beta 0.8: Small tweaks/adjustments

Blackvision

Kickstarter Backer Community Member for 2 years
Thirst for Spirituality choice:
Quick gripe - Meditation option for Thirst for Spirituality: Says Knowledge + Devotion. Gives Knowledge + Charisma + Might. It even says 'Increases both morale defence and offence' on the Miracle Revelation note, but there's nothing boosting defence. (see below)

Total Damage calculations:
I like having the base damage on abilities, and I like seeing the various stacking things that change it. I don't like 'Total' damage to not include the buffs. It should say at a glance which ability can offer the most damage (ignoring defences/powers).

Example:
Currently I've got a Smitesword with Challenge Heresy and Greater Smite. One's a Morale, one's a Physical attack. Both have a base damage of 4-6. His Might bonus is +2, his Devotion bonus is +3, so total damage is clearly better on the Challenge Heresy (correctly reflected in the total damages), bringing them up to 7-9 and 6-8, respectively.

However, I'm also a War deity, meaning that there's an additional bonus/penalty of 1-3 damage on physical/morale attacks. This is not shown on the Total Damage indicator, even though the effect is listed under it, meaning that it still looks like the Challenge Heresy is better even though the Greater Smite is actually stronger.

May add more to this later, but those are the first ones I thought of (and mentioned to Adriaan)

Last edited:

Blackvision

Maddening Revelation: (greater miracle in the Meditation ritual)
'Can get a obsessive in the search of truth' should be "Can get a little obsessive in the search for truth." I suspect.

Blackvision

Thirst for Spirituality choice: (edited)
The buffs listed in the descriptions are incorrect. Meditation gives Might, Charisma and Knowledge (No devotion at all!) but the miracle description says it increases defences (which it doesn't at all!), Storyteller gives Charisma, Cunning and Knowledge (correct) and *insert Prayer when I do it at some point*

Blackvision

Prevent Disciples wasting Miracle chances:
When your Disciple's not got any more slots for Backgrounds/Miracles... can it stop you spending the resources to send them to a place to get another? At the moment you waste all the resources, time, etc and get the event and everything, only to find that you're not getting that miracle at all after all.

Blackvision

Second and/or third Disciple at the Offerings Gathering waits in Town Centre:
While the first person slotted in the Offerings Gathering job goes to the right building, the second or third one always hangs about in the town centre and doesn't go to work where they should be. (if the second slotted one becomes the only one present, they will remain in the town centre and a newly assigned Disciple will then go to the correct building)

Last edited:

Blackvision

Spelling of E(h)lders:
Text error. (Warning, Hilde would cry if she ever saw this. Do not let her or any other minors read the image's text.)

1555645726448.png

Blackvision

Devotees?
What the heck are those? :p
(Warning, Hilde would cry if she ever saw this. Do not let her or any other minors read the image's text.)
1555645886661.png

Blackvision

Windows lurk waiting for your village:
If on the world map and you click the Disciple details, anything that would normally open another window (example: clicking the 'more info' on the passives) won't open the window... until you return to the village, when it appears like magic. (and if you click it multiple times on the world map, you have to close it once for every earlier click)

1555650857251.png

Last edited:

Alplod

Community Member for 5 years
Prevent Disciples wasting Miracle chances:
When your Disciple's not got any more slots for Backgrounds/Miracles... can it stop you spending the resources to send them to a place to get another? At the moment you waste all the resources, time, etc and get the event and everything, only to find that you're not getting that miracle at all after all.
OR one could choose which miracle to rewrite?

Blackvision

OR one could choose which miracle to rewrite?
Possibly, though that does become a bit too powerful once you've got access to some of the later ones, but either way, just something to deal with the problem :p

Dark is a bit... Dark:
Light and Neutral are great, they give a good feel and atmosphere. Dark.... you kinda struggle to make out where your buildings are a lot of the time. Eye stain time!

Blackvision

After your turn = After their turn
The passives that state 'Extra Move if your religion HP is above 50% after your first turn' actually trigger after the enemy's turn... whether they go first or second. Either the wording should be changed or the functionality. (I'd love it to become actually after your turn as that'll mean a lot more turn 1 wins, but I suspect it's meant to be after both the enemy and your first turn (arguably, after the enemies' turn has the same effect, but again, wording should be changed).

The passives in question are: Songsmith's 'Celebrate Morale' and the Smitesword's 'Glorious Sacrament'. (might be others, not seen them in action yet)

Blackvision

Stop you saving while the Timer's going:
If you save while the time is going fast in the village (or accidentally hit Space just before you save), that save will load properly, but then leave you hanging while it waits for time to pass. Only... slowly. Very slowly. If at all.

Blackvision

Creepy Morphic Features!
When customising my Disciple, I noticed - the upper face tattoo/paint doesn't actually move with them properly as they breathe - their features move across the tattoo/paint as they breathe. Kinda creepy, and cannot unsee. (No longer using them at all now, where before I had a lot)

Last edited:

Blackvision

Panther Pouncing Claw:
The description for it (the level 3 Beastwalker attack) says it's physical only. The tooltip pictorials beneath that suggests it's nature and physical. Which is true? (Kinda important for Beasties, given that they can trigger abilities on Nature skill uses.)

Blackvision

When playing with a Light style, dedications/upgrades are much harder to see with a white on white arrow
That's it :p

Occasional bug with the Songsmith's animations
Well, technically, it's the enemy's reaction to the songsmith's TOOOT: and I'm not 100% sure if it's just Song of Vigorous Power or not, but occasionally (not every time, so hard to reproduce) the shot beams of light that radiate out from the enemy remain visible. I think it only happens when the enemy is knocked out by that skill, but I'm not sure. And sometimes it does get removed, but late - when another animation plays. Other times, it doesn't. For reference, I think it might only be Vigorous Power because the reaction looks like a 'Life' type animation, and it doesn't happen reliably enough to tell for sure.

eg. This halo round my Smitesword:
1555887308760.png

Last edited:

Alplod

Community Member for 5 years
Non-vanishing color pallette.
When clicking on a color blob in order to change the color of anyhing the pallette is left open until you choose color. I think it should vanish in case you click on anything else. Like if a person changes his mind on recoloring this particular thing. Not a big problem, but mildly annoying.

Blackvision

Not totally clear what order things trigger in:
It's not clear what order triggered abilities will fire in - everything else does a top-to-bottom approach, but triggered ones seem either random or bottom-to-top? (Only occurs when multiple things trigger from one ability, otherwise the order makes complete sense - triggers follow triggering event, etc)

Wouldn't be an issue except that for some builds it's really important to use your skills in the right order (like if you want to trigger your Songsmith's Cunning boosting Performance with a crit before your second Beastmaster is triggered by your first (critting) Beastmaster's Nature claw attack (in order to get a better chance to crit on your second Beastie to re-trigger the Songsmith's performance again). Sorry, gets complicated, but you can definitely build teams like that :p

Last edited: