What's new

Bug - Miracle Repetition?

Reiteration6

Previously, I posted in the main beta thread to say that I wasn't keen on not being able to repeat the same miracles in the beta, whereas in the main build that can be done... however I've now started a new game in the beta since my last post, and have noticed that in this one, I am able to repeat the same ritual multiple times. I don't know if this is a bug or if the last game (in which I couldn't repeat miracles) was the bug, but I'm pretty sure something's wrong with one of them.

RVWinkle

Kickstarter Backer - Elder
I definitely saw a message that says that I had already performed the miracle so I would assume that repeating is considered a bug. Do you know what you did differently or know how to reproduce it?

Reiteration6

I've played a bit more since I wrote that, and it seems like it was only the one building (the Devotion one) that allowed the repetition. I'm not sure if that building will always behave that way or if certain factors are needed to cause it to act that way, but the game is on normal difficulty, with Chastity as the commandment, and it was the first miracle building I constructed. I can't remember the duration (max years) setting I picked.

Blackvision

Kickstarter Backer Community Member for 2 years
Correct, I reported this already. The devotion miracle (Prayer) is extreme bugged currently - the wondrous version also doesn't give any of the bonuses from devotions, relics or upgrades, be warned.

Reiteration6

Yeah, I noticed your thread about the bonuses not working, so I didn't mention that myself. I didn't realise you'd pointed this bit out as well, though.

Blackvision

Eh, they go hand-in-hand, and always worth mentioning - if only one person says it, it might be something fluky on their end :p

Reiteration6

I was just trying another game there and found that the charisma miracle building is also repeating miracles now.
TBH, they might all be allowing repeat miracles for all I know. I never actually got around to trying any others because I kept forgetting to build them and instead just used the charisma one all the time...

Blackvision

So... on the subject of repeating miracles... want want to turn off repeating ones for the Temples. The stat boosts get insane :p

I'm not sure if having a couple different miracles at the same location might help. Maybe the 2nd unlocked with an upgrade, or only available if there's a relic present. Then the question would be "wide" with lots of miracle buildings and a versatile team or "tall" with just a few and a specialized team.

Just my thoughts.