Challenge #144: Silent Run

Challenge #144 Silent Run:
Concept: AbbeyManuel
Story: Pikminenco
Contributions from: Flamestalker, Noctua Spell, Pistax, Liort, Blackvision

Tagline : Stay quiet as you try to gain the highest score with as little status as possible.

Story:
Harry and the other anti-explorer hunters proudly entered the society with bags of loot on their shoulders. They might not have found the anti-explorers, but at least is was a very successful expedition. They were about to split up and put away all their findings until an angry Pinkerton walked up to them.

''Where have you been? You were supposed to stay here!'' The explorers looked at each other.
''But we thought we could help deal with the anti-explorers.'' Phailin said. Pinkerton started to look even more angry.
''I never said such a thing! What made you think I did?'' Anna searched her pockets and grabbed the crumbled note. ''You wrote it down remember?''
Harry quickly snatched the piece of paper out of her hand. ''N..no I think Pinkerton is right. I,m so sorry mister chairman. It shall never happen again.'' he said while trying really hard to look innocent. Pinkerton walked closer to Harry.
''Mister walker, what was on that note?''
''Eh..eh.. nothing of interest sir.''
''Give it to me mister Walker.''
''I mean there really is no need to....''
''NOW MISTER WALKER!''
''Okay sir....'' Harry said and handed over the piece of paper.
Pinkerton inspected the piece of paper and showed it to the explorers.
''This is not my handwriting!'' Pinkerton said. Yvonne squinted her eyes.
''You are right. This is actually readable! That means it could have never been yours.''
Pinkerton put the paper in one of his pockets. ''I shall keep this as evidence, and for all of you, since you crossed that rule, you are all banned from the next set of expeditions.''
''What? you cant be serious!'' Kwame said.
''You can blame mister Walker for that. I have other matters to attend to.'' Pinkerton said and walked away.

As soon as Pinkerton was out of sight Harry turned towards the other explorers.
''So when are we going to start the next expedition?'' he asked.
''You are just going to ignore the penalty?'' Anna asked. Harry shrugged.
''Why not? We just have to not draw any attention to ourselves and he'll never find out''
Kwame shook his head. ''I,m not joining you, you got me in enough trouble as it is.''
''Fine, do as you wish, but don't come crying when you change your mind.''
Phailin placed her hand on Harry’s shoulder.’’You’re not going anywhere.’’
‘’Huh? What do you mean?’’
‘’Pinkerton will keep a close eye on you now. It is probably for the best if you don’t join this time.’’ She said. Harry started looking sad.
‘’But I really wanted more loot!’’ he said. Yvonne smiled at him.
‘’Come on Harry, don’t ruin our fun.’’
‘’Ugh fine! I will sit this one out, Now if you need me I will be laying on that couch being bored out of my mind.’’

Rules:
  • Get as little status as possible, get too much and you'll lower your score
  • Harry and Kwame cannot be Captain, everyone else can
  • Everyone can be on the crew, except Harry and Kwame
  • You must play on Adventure mode.
Scoring:
Your Score is your Renown, any Status you gain above 750 will be subtracted from it.
  • BRONZE: 2000 Points (1MP*)
  • SILVER: 5500 Points (2MP*)
  • GOLD: 10000 Points (3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 14000 Points(3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CET, 05/12/2018(Or 12/05/2018 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

Game Version
Must be Build 512 or later

Story ideas: Can the explorers still make discoveries while hiding in the shadows? What alternate routes will the explorers use to reach the populous? Will Pinkertons handwriting ever be readable?

For the previous challenge - Challenge #143: Clash of the Titans - click here

Last edited: