What's new

Challenge #149: Food for the Mighty

Ullissen

Community Member for 2 years
Challenge #149: Food for the Mighty
Concept: Noctua Spell
Story: DHBTVS
Contributions from: Flamestalker, Noctua Spell, DHBTVS, Liort, Blackvision

Tagline : All that healthy dieting did not go well with some of the explorers, find some real food before they fall over from a lack of calories.

Story:
"I'm HUNGRY" Delores could be heard bellowing across the halls. "his is stupid where is all the food?"

"We all heard you already. There is plenty of food here, by the way" Maria answered. She opened a cupboard full of rice cakes "See? Food."

Dolores grumbled "That's not food, it crunchy paper. I wan t real food!"

"You know we only have light foods right now. Some of the guys are trying to lose their holiday weight" Maria replied trying to calm the large raging woman.

Dolores just harrumphed, looking through the remaining cupboard for the fourth time, slamming each one shut when she finds more rice cakes and unsweetened granola.

Meanwhile Phailin, Hojo, and Hatice were consoling a miserable Ivan. "I really do want to look good for my beautiful spanish princess, but I can't take this much more. I'm hungry"

Hatice patted his shoulder, quite a reach for her even with the giant sitting. "It's ok big guy, we'll help you through it." Phailin snorts "Why don't we just get our own food? Maria won't like it, but honestly, what is she gonna do. Then we can sneak some to him"

Ivan thinks for a second then shakes his head "No, I cannot let others do this for me. I will go." Hojo nods "Who is she to tell us all we can't eat! Lets go get supplies"

They did find though, that in recruiting the others, many were reluctant to risk the wrath of Maria. Yu sat with a large stack of the rice cakes, nibbling them and telling himself they were hamburgers. Phillipe was in his laboratory trying to transmute granola into something more filling. Eventually they agreed to go, but only the bravest among them agreed to lead. So Victor, Hojo, Phailin, Hatice, Hojo, Ivan, and Bia each agreed to lead a team out to go get more food for the society. Dolores they couldn't tell because Maria was with her still, but she set off on her own after a fifth search of the cupboards, ordering a couple of the explorers to come with her without saying why.

Rules:
  • Your Captain must be Brave*
  • Anyone can be on your crew, except for Maria
  • You must go to a lvl 5 expedition and defeat a boss
  • You get bonus points for your Max Supply Capacity
  • You must play on Adventure mode.
Notes:
* Brave is a hidden trait some explorers have, they are Hatice, Molly, Hojo, Dolores, Bia, Victor and Phailin

Scoring:
Your Score is your Renown + Bonus Points

You get 250 bonus points for each unit of maximum Supply Capacity. (for example a supply capacity of 20 would be worth 5k points)
  • BRONZE: 6000 Points (1MP*)
  • SILVER: 12000 Points (2MP*)
  • GOLD: 20000 Points (3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 28000 Points (3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CET, 30/01/2019 (Or 01/30/2019 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

Please include a screenshot on which i can see your maximum supply capacity, otherwise I cant give you any points for it

Game Version
Must be Build 522 or later

Story ideas: What foods will the explorers bring back with them? Will Maria find out about these Food Runs? Will Phillipe succeed in transmuting his food into better food?

For the previous challenge - Challenge #148: Healthy New Year! - click here

Last edited by a moderator: