Ullissen

Community Member for 2 years
Challenge #164: Duel in the Desert
Concept: Flamestalker
Story: Pikminenco
Contributions from: Flamestalker, Pikminenco

Tagline : Sand as far as the eye can see. Withstand the heat with Roguish grit

Story:
Phillipe walks out of his tent and looks over the horizon. He sees nothing but sand dunes and the occasional cactus in the distance. He looks slightly more towards the sky and sees not a single cloud in the sky. He starts to smile.
''This is what I mean. Bright sun and no obstructions anywhere to see. Reminds me of my homeland a bit.'' he says. The tent next to him opens up. Emilia steps out rubbing her eyes and her hair completely out of style.
''Not to be rude Phillipe but this homeland of yours sounds like the worse place on earth. If there is no nature at all then what do you do all day?'' she asks.
''People always find things to do with their time. Tinker, philosophy or study. There even is something for you. The desert isn't completely barren. Have you seen how many cacti we passed yesterday?'' he says. Emilia adjusts her hat to block the sun.
''True but there is no variety in any of them. Even I get bored by them after studying twenty of them.'' she says annoyed. Phillipe laughs. ''That's something I never thought I would hear!'' he says. Emilia sighs and looks at the horizon.
''Perhaps it has something to do with where you grew up. Molly also doesn't seem to mind this desert.''
''Yes we are lucky to have her with us. I would also have trouble facing this heat for hours on end, but she doesn't seem to mind at all.''
Emilia walks back in her tent. After a short amount of time Phillipe spots a person the horizon. ''Speaking of Molly I think she has returned from her scouting run.'' he says. Emilia walks out of her tent and puts her hand above her eyes to shield them from the sun. ''I think you are right.'' she says.
''She is also waving her arms around frantically. What is that about?''
Emilia turns around towards her tent. ''She probably found some old ruins again and needs us to help lift some rocks. I'm not doing that again in this heat. I thought I was going to died last time.'' she says and closes her tent.

Phillipe walks up to Molly and they meet at the edge of the camp. After she has caught her breath she talks about her discovery.
''So I found this massive group of fallen pillars. They look man made but I am not sure. Perhaps if we roll them over we can find some goodies under them.'' she tells enthusiastically. With consideration for Emilia Phillipe offers an alternative plan.
''Maybe....it is better to go later and wait for when the sun is not burning as bright. Not all of us are immune to the sun.'' he says.
''Fair point, I should think of the weaklings in this crew. We will wait until the sun starts to set. What will we do in the mean time?''
''I just talked about that with Emilia. Maybe we could hone our weapons or discuss our strategy for crossing the desert.'' Phillipe suggests. Molly looks disinterested until a mean smile appears on her face.
''Or we could pull a prank on her.'' she says. Phillipe is immediately excited.
''That beats all my dumb plans. What were you thinking?''
Molly waves with her finger. '''Just watch and learn.''
Molly gets down, crouches and walks straight towards Emilia's tent.
''What are you doing?'' Phillipe asks in surprise.
''What does it look like, I'm sneaking.''
''That is not how you sneak. She could see you coming from here.''
''True that but this is Emilia we are talking about. Like when does she ever notice anything?''
''She will easily if you make that much noise when walking.''
''Is that so, then why don't you show how to do it properly.''
Phillipe lays on the ground and shows how to make the least amount of sound possible while still moving around quickly. Molly pays great attention and nods.
''So when you're in her tent what prank are you going to pull on her?'' Molly asks. Phillipe stands back up and starts thinking.
''I....never really thought of that. Usually I only sneak in and sneak out.''
Molly laughs. ''Your execution is as hopeless as my approach.'' she says.
''Perhaps we can learn something from each other.'' Phillipe says. Molly ponders for a moment.
''With both our specialities combined, we are unstoppable!''

Rules:
  • Your Captain has to be Phillipe or Molly, everyone is available for crew
  • You must visit every desert expedition (Mali, Egypt and the Holy Land)
  • You get bonus points for Rogue perks on the Captain
  • You must play on Adventure mode.
Scoring:
Your score is your Renown + Bonus Points

You get 750 bonus points for each Rogue perk on your Captain, dont forget to add a screenshot of your captain's perks
  • BRONZE: 5000 Points (1MP*)
  • SILVER: 10000 Points (2MP*)
  • GOLD: 16000 Points (3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 22000 Points (3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CET, 04/09/2019 (Or 09/04/2019 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

dont forget to add a screenshot of your captain's perks

Game Version
Must be Build 522 or later

Story ideas:What prank did Phillipe and Molly eventually pull? How did they train eachother? How did they gain their specialities

For the previous challenge - Challenge #163: Will of the People - click here