What's new

Challenge #168: Professor Yu, Yuologist

Ullissen

Community Member for 2 years
Challenge #168: Professor Yu, Yuologist
Concept: Flamestalker, Liort
Story: Pikminenco
Contributions from: Noctua Spell, Pikminenco

Tagline : Yu feels inspired to keep going and seeks new types of opponents to write tactics about

Story:
With a fresh new stack of papers Yu opens the door to the library. Bia and Victor sit at the table amidst many large piles of theories, reports and battle plans. For once an emotion could be seen on Bia’s face, the emotion of tiredness. Yu approaches them while whistling happily. Bia covers her ears.
‘’Can you keep it down! My head hurts enough as it is.’’ She says. Yu places the new stack of paper on the table.
‘’Have we run out of energy?’’ he asks well knowing that that is the case.
‘’I have done nothing but write tactics about combat.’’ She says while nearly collapsing. Yu looks over at Victor, who is in nearly as bad of shape.
‘’I haven’t slept in 2 weeks, if it weren’t for Pedrinho’s coffee I would have dropped dead by now.’’ Victor says.
‘’Oh silly Victor. Last challenge was only one week.’’ Yu says. The others look confused.
‘’What are you talking… what challenge? Ugh I’m too tired for this.’’ She says and lays her head on the table. Yu starts to walk around.
‘’Well I feel great! I want to write even more! But not about humans. Oh what to do what to do? Oh I know! Animals! Those can be tactical as well. The way monkeys play their tricks on you. The way sheep try to encircle you. Are ghosts animals too? Their spooky spookness gives them a great advantage against any would be predators. And how about……’’ Yu rambles on. Victor and Bia have since long stopped to listen. Victor takes another sip of his coffee and looks at the collapsed Bia.

‘’I need another coffee if he goes on like this.’’ He says.

‘’Make that an entire can.’’ Bia mutters.

Rules:
  • Yu has to be your captain
  • Everyone can be on your crew
  • Fight as many different animals as you can
  • You must play on Adventure mode.
Scoring:
Your score is your Renown + Bonus Points

You get 250 bonus points for every different type of animal you fought, and also 250 points for every animal boss. (only requires screenshots if the animals dont have treasures and are uncommon, like Llamas or the Scorpions in Mali, otherwise I'll asume you fought them)

You get 100 bonus points for every research paper you've completed (requires screenshot)
  • BRONZE: 4500 Points (1MP*)
  • SILVER: 9000 Points (2MP*)
  • GOLD: 16000 Points (3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 22000 Points (3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CET, 23/10/2019 (Or 10/23/2019 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

Dont forget your screenshots

Game Version
Must be Build 522 or later

Story ideas: What animals will Yu write about? How will Yu uncover their tactics? How much money did Pedrinho make from selling his coffee?

For the previous challenge - Challenge #167: Sabotage par l'anglais - click here