What's new

Challenge #182: Fightful Festivities

Ullissen

Community Member for 2 years
Challenge #182: Fightful Festivities
Concept: Pistax, Professor Finesser
Story: Professor Finesser
Contributions from: Noctua Spell, Pistax, Professor Finesser. Pikminenco, Flamestalker

Tagline : Join Dolores and Earl in their Cinco de Mayo preparations

Story:
Dolores was in the Society Recreation Center finishing up the last set of her daily workout when she heard a loud "THUD!"
She turned and saw an explorer lying flat on his face while a sombrero neatly fell on his curly head of hair.
"Earl, is that you?"
"Wuzzat? Yeah it's me. You know what day it is?" Earl said, excitedly.
Dolores thought for a moment: "It's the Fifth of May."
"Don't you mean Cinco de Mayo?" Earl responded.
"Yeah, it is."
Dolores balled up her towel and successfully threw it into the gym's hamper from all the way across the room and began to clean off the equipment she used. Earl stood up, a little confused.
"Why are you not excited? Are you not from Mexico?"
"Born and raised, but something people don't seem to understand is that Cinco de Mayo is not a huge deal in Mexico outside of the City of Puebla, where the holiday originally comes from to celebrate their victory over the French."
Earl took off his sombrero, clutching it in his hands, looking at it wistfully.
"So you don’t want to party? I wanted to show off my new Guac-Maker 9000."

Meanwhile at the other side of London, Pedrinho suddenly stood still.
‘’I feel a great disturbance in the party force.’’

Dolores frowned, but then lit up into a wide grin.
"You know what? Things have been rough lately, but that doesn't mean we have to be sad. Earl, grab your party-related inventions and invite everyone to a party later this weekend. You and I will plan out all the activities and events. Make sure to grab a big Cooking Pot!"
Earl jumped up and down in excitement.
‘’Oh this will be fun. I will grab my sub-automatic party horn and spice spreader for the festivities and for the food. After that I will inform everyone I can find on the society. I am sure Emilia will love to be there, I can simply socially pressure Ivan to be there as well and I also think I saw Victor about an hour ago.’’ Earl said and started to run up the steps, but Dolores called up after him.
"Don't pressure Victor into it! He probably would embarrass himself trying to wrestle me for the sake of his national pride!"
Dolores hefted all her gear with one hand and began to dance her way up the steps to her room, ready to celebrate.

Rules:
  • Your Captain has to be Dolores
  • You cannot have the French on your Crew (Victor, Phillipe and Rivaleux)
  • You get bonus points for Tactician Perks on Dolores
  • You get bonus points for gathering party supplies*
  • You must play on Adventure mode.
Notes:
*The following treasures and items are considered party supplies:
Items: Cooking Pot, Fire Piston, Grappling Hook, Beguiling Rose, War Drums, Coach Whistle, Poker Set, Banjo, Lute
Treasures: Viking Drinking Horn, The Hunting Plate, St Regulus' Chalice, Sacred Dagger, Hero's Banner, Drums of the Talking Head, Holy Grail

Scoring:
Your Score is your Renown + Bonus Points

You get 500 Points for each Tactician Perk on Dolores

You get 300 Points for each Party Treasure you collected

You get 100 Points for each unique Party Trinket you have in your inventory, you get 200 more points for each Party Trinket that is equipped by one of your explorers
  • BRONZE: 4000 Points (1MP*)
  • SILVER: 9000 Points (2MP*)
  • GOLD: 16000 Points (3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 24000 Points (3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CET, 20/05/2020 (Or 05/20/2020 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

Dont forget to screenshots of Dolores's perks and your trinket inventory

Game Version
Must be Build 522 or later

Story ideas: Why is Earl so interested in Cinco de Maya? What are they going to cook in that big pot? How did Pedrinho get a 6th sense for parties?

For the previous challenge - Challenge #181: Excited Spring Garden - click here

Last edited: