What's new

Challenge #183: Peak Performance

Ullissen

Community Member for 2 years
Challenge #183: Peak Performance
Concept: Pikminenco
Story: Pikminenco
Contributions from: Flamestalker, Noctua Spell, Pikminenco

Tagline : Climb the highest peaks or stick to the sea, which is right for you and me?

Story:
With hands deep in his pocket and his head hanging low Charles mumbles through the society. The reason for this is that the tea drinking club that he is part of usually has meetings every Thursday morning to argue about anything and everything. But that meeting has been cancelled.
‘’Stupid Faraday, why did he cancel the entire meeting. Is family really more important than drinking tea and arguing?’’ He asks himself. Charles’s mood will only get worse if there is no one he can have a pointless argument with his mood might become even worse.
‘’Unless…..’’ he says and stands still.
‘’Unless I find someone here at the society to have a pointless argument with!’’ he says to himself. A sadistically smile turns on his face. He quickly moves himself to the lounge in the hope that there will be people there who can easily be triggered. Once he arrives there he finds Jan-Piet and Victor talking to each other. Perfect! Charles approaches them.
‘’How can you two buffoons have this idle chit-chat when there are more pressing matters at stake?’’ Charles says to them. Jan-Piet and Victor look at him, seemingly aware of his plans as this is not the first time Charles tried to blow of some pent-up frustration.
‘’Have you not heard about the pressing matter and stark contrast between the … euhm …. the…’’Charles quickly looks through the room for inspiration and finds it when looking at one of the paintings.
‘’….mountains and…..euhm…’’ Once more he looks around the room but finds nothing this time. It is only when he looks back at Jan-Piet he knows of a second topic.
‘’…Islands?’’ Charles says while crossing his arms in anger.
‘’Ah oui. The mountains. I still remember one of my first trips to the Alps. I believe it was part of my honeymoon. Those were the days.’’ Victor says. Charles tries to stir up the argument.
‘’Pfff, that stupid pile of rocks? Nothing compared to the Scafell Pike. That is a true mountain.’’ He says. Victor laughs.
‘’I don’t know what atlas you have been reading but that so called Scafell Pike is just a hill compared to the mighty alps. Get your facts right monsieur.’’ He says.
‘’I’ve got nothing with mountains myself. When you are sailing around you rarely go that high up. They have their place for sure but nothing worth fighting over.’’ Jan-Piet adds. This isn’t going well. This is not the argument Charles had hoped for. He has to stir up the fire again before it calms down.
Luckily he sees Hildegard walking past the lounge. Charles quickly drags her in the lounge, making her drop whatever she was holding.

‘’Hey I was reading that!’’ Hildegard says. Charles pushes her in one of the chairs and takes a small pause.
‘’Mountains are stupid.’’ He says provocatively. Hildegard seems to be offended.
‘’Why do you say that? Mountains are incredible! Being high up gives you all kinds of benefits, like a great view and scientific research. Can you even call a country without a mountain a true country?’’ she says. Jan-Piet stands up in anger.
‘’You don’t need a mountain to make a country. There are other factors, a simple language for example. Truly if you need more than one variation of a letter you have truly failed.’’ He says.
Victor starts grinding his teeth in rage.
‘’Oh says you mister barbarian!’’
Charles laughs manically.’’Whahahaha, it never fails!’’

Rules:
  • Choose one of the two teams, team Mountains and team Islands
  • You can only use members of your chosen team as captain and crewmembers
  • Team Mountain consists of Victor, Hildegard, Ivan, Earl and Molly. They have to visit atleast 2 Mountainous* expeditions and cannot go to Island** expeditions
  • Team Islands consists of Jan-Piet, Charles, Kiwi, Maria and Emilia. They have to visit atleast 2 Island** expeditions and cannot go to Mountainous* expeditions
  • You must play on Adventure mode.
Notes:
*The following are considered Mountainous Expeditions: Highlands, Andean, Shangri-La and Holyland
**The following are considered Island Expeditions: Caribbean, Emerged, Anagogic and Lost Island
***The following expeditions are available for both teams: Celtic, Saxon, Viking, Hungary, Mali, Egypt, Transylvania

Scoring:
Your Score is your Renown + Bonus Points

You get 100 Points for each Diplomat and Athlete Perks on your team
  • BRONZE: 3000 Points (1MP*)
  • SILVER: 7000 Points (2MP*)
  • GOLD: 13000 Points (3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 19000 Points (3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CET, 03/05/2020 (Or 05/03/2020 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

Dont forget to screenshot your perks for the bonus points

Game Version
Must be Build 522 or later

Story ideas:What is usually discussed at Charles’s meetings? Why did Faraday cancel the meeting? What did other places did Victor visit during his honeymoon?

For the previous challenge - Challenge #182: Fightful Festivities - click here