What's new

Challenge #186: Too hot to handle

Ullissen

Community Member for 2 years
Challenge #186: Too hot to handle
Concept: Noctua Spell
Story: Pikminenco
Contributions from: Flamestalker, Pistax, Noctua Spell, Blackvision, Pikminenco

Tagline : Not all are as well versed in this heat as others. Help the ones struck by the heat haze by gathering some cooling supplements.

Story:
The sun shines brightly above the society. To brightly for the likes off it. A heat haze has struck London and it is taking its effect on the explorers. For many of them it is too hot to do anything productive right now. Anna has stopped researching, Hildegard is not performing magic tricks and Jan-Piet is not moping about his lack of beard just to name a few. Some explorers tried to fight the heat. Earl is one of them. With his lust for inventing strong enough to stand the heat he has build a small kiddie sized pool he can cool off in. This did however attract some other explorers as well, but Earl didn’t have the heart to send them away. Now Earl, Harry, Emilia, Yvonne and Charles are all in the courtyard sitting around this tiny pool of refreshment.

‘’Isn’t there any other way we can cool ourselves off?’’ Yvonne asks while swiping the sweat from her forehead. Emilia shakes her head while throwing some more water in her face. Harry takes off his cap and starts waving it at his face.
‘’Well you can always just take some clothes off. That would surely be a lot more refreshing.’’ He teases.
‘’No I’m not that desperate. I still have some dignity left.’’ Yvonne says.
‘’Dignity!? Never had any!’’ Earl says and starts unbuttoning his pants.
‘’No Earl don’t do it. Think of the children!’’ Charles says as he puts his hand in front of Harry’s eyes.
‘’Thanks Charles, that’s something I didn’t wish to see.’’
‘’Neither did I, but it’s a sacrifice I am willing to make.’’ Charles says. Earl has stripped himself down to nothing but his underwear, but still doesn’t cool down enough.
‘’No no this is not working.’’ He says. He takes a step back and leaps face first into the kiddie pool. All the water splashes around, emptying the pool of the little water it had.

Phillipe and Molly walk towards the kiddie pool. Once they see Earl they start laughing.
‘’Is it really that bad people? Are you that afraid of a bit of heat?’’ Phillipe says. Yvonne gives a mean stare.
‘’Easily said for you two. You were stupid enough to be born in the desert. Don’t blame us for that mistake.’’ She says.
‘’Ivonne that makes no sense and you know it.’’ Molly says.
‘’It is too hot to care about your opinions.’’ She says and continues fanning herself.
‘’Maybe it is a possible heatstroke but I kind of agree with Yvonne. You are used to the warm weather so maybe you can help us with this unbearable heat.’’ Emilia says. Molly laughs and turns away from the pool party.
‘’Why would we do that? I am perfectly fine the way it is.’’
‘’If not for us than do it for Earl so he will put his pants back on.’’
Molly looks over one more time. It is a sad sight if she ever knew one.
‘’Alright but you better remember my charitable act for when I need something from the likes off you.’’ She says and goes on her way.
After she leaves Min-Jeong walks by, carrying two more umbrellas than usual.
‘’Does anyone have more umbrella’s? Also Earl for Pinkerton’s sake put your pants back on!’’ she says.

Rules:
  • You can only use Explorers used to the heat, which are Phillipe, Kiwi, Pedrinho, Hatice, Molly, Bia and Kwame
  • You cannot go to the Mali, Egypt or the Holyland. They are too hot
  • You get bonus points for Items and Treasures that can cool your explorers down*
  • You must play on Adventure mode.
Notes:
*The following treasures are considered "cooling treasures" : Treasures: Drinking Horn, Water of Life, 100 Year Fruit, St. Regulus' Chalice, Woolly Feather, Hero's Banner, Emerged Snail, Roche's Captain Hat, Yeti Photo

The following items if equipped are considered "cooling Items" : Janissary Börk, Turban, Cork Hat, Free Mug

Scoring:
Your Score is your Renown + Bonus Points

You get 300 Bonus Points for each "cooling treasure" you collected and for each equiped "cooling" item. (dont forget to add a screenshot of your inventory)
  • BRONZE: 3000 Points (1MP*)
  • SILVER: 8000 Points (2MP*)
  • GOLD: 15000 Points (3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 21000 Points (3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CET, 15/07/2020 (Or 07/15/2020 for those using MM/DD/YY)
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

Dont forget to add a screenshot of your inventory

Game Version
Must be Build 522 or later

Story ideas: How does this affect the explorers their way to explore? What are some good ideas to fight the heat? Can’t they simply build a bigger pool?

For the previous challenge - Challenge #185: Riddle me this - click here