What's new

Challenge #189: Release Party

Ullissen

Community Member for 2 years
Challenge #189: Release Party
Concept: Noctua Spell
Story: Pikminenco
Contributions from: Flamestalker, Pistax, Noctua Spell

Tagline : Godhood has been released! That calls for fireworks! Spread the word and gather the crowds.

Story:
On the door of a small conference room is a sign. ‘’Book Club’’ it says, with ‘Sharing and discussing the meaning of books and the stories they tell’’. Currently Emilia, Ivan Maria, Yvonne and Hildegard are in attendance.
‘’Once again welcome everyone to this weeks book club. It seems that we have two new members today as Yvonne and Hildegard are here for the first time.’’ Maria says. She, Emilia and Ivan start to clap. Yvonne looks annoyed and rolls her eyes.
‘’I am only hear because I am interested in the treasure that Archibald spoke of in chapter 4. Is there any truth to the location of that treasure? If so how much do you think will be the projected value of that treasure? I am willing to go on an expedition to the area and find its location. If you are interested I am willing to give you a 10% split of the….’’
‘’I am interrupting you hear because you are spoiling parts of next weeks session.’’ Maria says. Yvonne looks perplexed. ‘’But the pamphlet said you were covering this book today.’’ She says and hands over the pamphlet.
‘’No I’m sorry this is next weeks pamphlet, you must have gotten the wrong one. Today we are covering holy books and books with deeper meaning.’’ Maria says. Yvonne looks annoyed. Hildegard smiles.
‘’Yes silly, those are just made up fairy tales. I got the correct pamphlet ‘’holy men and miracles’’ and want to learn more about this man.’’ She says.
Ivan puts up a smile. ‘’What do you want to know?’’ he asks.
‘’Well I heard that the main character of this book used some very intriguing magic tricks. So of course I was interested in finding out how I could perform those myself, but the book doesn’t really go into a lot of detail on that subject. So I hoped that I could ask the people at the book club about details.’’ Hildegard asks. Emilia places her hand on Hildegard’s shoulder.
‘’I understand that you were excited about the tricks he used but the story is not necessarily about the things he did. It is about the willpower and hope he gives to the people surrounding him. It is about the message that believing in oneself and him can help you achieve every task imaginable.’’ Emilia said.
‘’I was afraid you were going to say that. I don’t need to be lectured on this and if that is all that we are doing here I’m leaving.’’ Hildegard says and moves out of the room. Yvonne follows her as she has had enough of the goody two shoes talk as well.
As they walk down the hallway they are joined by Yu who is carrying a box of fireworks.

‘’Gah that was a total waste. This book cost me a fortune!’’ Hildegard says angrily.
‘’Really? That book isn’t too rare. Shouldn’t have cost you that much.’’ Yvonne mentions. Hildegard looks at the book and wants to throw it on the ground but refrains from doing so.
‘’Any amount of money is a problem nowadays. With buying equipment for my tricks there is very little money left to do anything else. I already asked my mom for more allowance but she said no.’’ Hildegard says.
‘’Maybe you could try making some money on the side.’’ Yu suggests.
‘’Maybe, but I,m not the best at making money. I rely on other people for that.’’ Hildegard says. Yvonne nods ‘’Same for me but for research, I usually have an entire team do that for me and then they still come up without results. It’s so aggravating!’’ Yvonne says.
‘’I hear ya. Many times I have had somebody help me promote my fireworks show only for next to nobody to show up! I can’t be that hard right.’’ Yu says. All three explorers stop walking and look at each other.
‘’Maybe It is time to take matters into our own hands.’’ Yvonne suggests. Yu claps in excitement and drops the box of fireworks he was holding.
‘’That is an amazing idea. We will show them that we do not rely on others for our shortcomings!’’ Yu proclaims

Rules:
  • Your Captain has to be Yu, Yvonne or Hildegard
  • Anyone can be on the crew, including the other captain options
  • Gather as much of the resource assigned to your captain
  • Status for Yu, Research for Yvonne, and Gold for Hildegard
  • You must play on Adventure mode.
Scoring:
Your Score is your Renown + your captain's assigned Resource.

Yu has to gather Status, Hildegard has to gather Gold, and Yvonne has to gather Research. For Yvonne her Research is multiplied by 2.8 (same as the game does)
  • BRONZE: 6000 Points (1MP*)
  • SILVER: 12000 Points (2MP*)
  • GOLD: 24000 Points (3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 48000 Points (3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CET, 26/08/2020 (Or 08/26/2020 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

Game Version
Must be Build 522 or later

Story ideas: Will the explorers use conventional methods to achieve their goals or will they use different strategies? Who gave Yvonne the wrong pamphlet? How many firework shows has Yu made by now?

For the previous challenge - Challenge #188: Entitled Entourage - click here