What's new

Challenge #191: Green Team

Ullissen

Community Member for 2 years
Challenge #191: Green Team
Concept: Noctua Spell
Story: Pikminenco
Contributions from: Flamestalker, Noctua Spell, Blackvision

Tagline : Its not easy being green, bring a scout and grab the greenery around you

Story:
Victor walks through the courtyard of the society to get some fresh air. As he looks the west wing of the society he notices that the curtains in a room on the second floor are open. That’s strange, those curtains are normally always closed. Victor enters the west wing and goes towards the room.

When he opens the door he sees Min-Jeong holding a palette and a brush in her hands. She is standing in front of a canvas. Victor approaches her.
‘’I never knew that you were into painting.’’ He says.
‘’It is something I do every now and then. But tell me..’’ she says. With her brush she point to the top-left corner of the canvas. ’’..what do you think about the pattern I have chosen for this side?’’
Victor looks at the spot on the canvas.
‘’Yes, that certainly is green.’’ Victor says. Min-Jeong turns towards Victor.
‘’That’s not green.’’ She says. Victor walks to the door and looks in the hallway. There he sees Kiwi walking towards the staircase. Victor whistles to get Kiwi’s attention and signals her to come closer. When Kiwi is in the same room as the others Victor points at the painting.
‘’What colour is this?’’ he asks. Kiwi looks at the colour for a moment even turning her head to look at it from a different angle.
‘’I don’t really know. It looks green but at the same time it is blue.’’ She says. Min-Jeong rolls her eyes.
‘’That is because it is turquoise, a very elegant mixture of both colours.’’
‘’I never would have guessed.’’ Victor says.
‘’How can you not know that? Your father is a painter!’’ Kiwi says. Victor turns towards the door.
‘’Yes he is, but that does not mean I automatically share the same interest as him. As a child I disliked painting and as an adult I still do.’’ He says. Min-Jeong waves her brush between the arguing explorers.
‘’Name besides, do you think it is a good colour?’’ Min-Jeong asks. Victor hunches over and looks at the painting again.
‘’It is good for camouflage but aesthetically there are few colours that are as hideous as green.’’ Victor says. Kiwi looks at her clothing.
‘’Do you mean that my clothing style is bad?’’ she asks.
‘’For ballcourts and fancy gathering it does leave a bit to be desired, but that is not the purpose of your attire. Like Victor mentioned it is good for camouflage and ambushing, which is what you are all about am I correct.’’ Min-Jeong says. Victor laughs.
‘’Quite the opposite, whenever she is around she will make sure that everybody in the wide vicinity knows. Isn’t that how you got kicked of that little island of yours?’’ Victor teases. Kiwi’s face turn red from anger and she clenches her fists.
‘’You little…. How dare you insult me like that! I will show you that green can be elegant too!’’ She says angrily and storms out of the room.
‘’A bit of an overreaction…’’ Min-Jeong says. Victor nods.
‘’It was not my intention to insult her like that. So what is your favourite colour?’’ Min-Jeong thinks for a moment.
‘’I don’t really know. Not red that is certain. Such brutish depiction has no place in diplomacy or exploring.’’
Victor squints his eyes, mumbles something and leaves the room as well

Rules:
  • Your Captain has to be a Scout: Kiwi, Pedrinho, Harry, Hatice, Molly, Hojo
  • Gather Green Treasures*
  • Bonus for having Status as your primary resource
  • You must play on Adventure mode.
Notes:
*The following are valid Green Treasures:
Druid Quartz, Green Runestone, The Leprechaun, Brooch In Urnes Style, Amazon Eggs, Alchemist's Flask, Unicorn Tapestry, Highlander Brooch, Jade Human, Emerald Skull, Voodoo Ritual Book, Shrunken Head, Friendly Emperor Statue, Living Crystal, The Terrifying Predator

Scoring:
Your Score is your Renown + Bonus Points

You get 500 Bonus Points for each Green Treasure you collected. (look above for details)

You get 1200 Bonus Points if your primary resource is Status
  • BRONZE: 4000 Points (1MP*)
  • SILVER: 9000 Points (2MP*)
  • GOLD: 15000 Points (3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 21000 Points (3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CET, 23/09/2020 (Or 09/23/2020 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

Game Version
Must be Build 522 or later

Story ideas: Why does Victor dislike the colour green? How will Kiwi retaliate? What was Min-Jeong painting?

For the previous challenge - Challenge #190: Newly Published - click here

Last edited: