What's new

Challenge #196: The Final Five

Ullissen

Community Member for 2 years
Challenge #196: The Final Five
Concept: Flamestalker
Story: Pikminenco
Contributions from: Blackvision, Noctua Spell, Flamestalker, Professor Finesser, Pistax

Tagline : Go for the highest renown possible with the "best" explorers on the "best" expeditions

Story:
Kiwi and Harry are walking through the walls of the society locked in a heated debate.
‘’Look all I’m saying is that deadlifting a tree is not the only way to get rid of mice.’’ Kiwi says. Harry shakes his head and wants to put up a counter argument but is stopped by Kiwi who points at a door.
‘’Since when has this been here?’’ Kiwi asks. She points to a sign on the door that says V.I.E. Looking through the small window she sees very comfortable looking lounge chairs and all kinds of tasty looking snacks.
‘’Oh that’s the Very Important Explorer club. Phailin started that a few days back. It is where the most successful explorers come together to discuss strategies and exploit the system, euhm I mean benefit from our success. It’s a pretty cool place I have been there several times.’’ Harry says.
‘’Wow that sounds amazing! I can’t wait to have a look inside.’’ Kiwi says and places her hand on the doorknob. As she tries to open the door Harry puts his foot in front of door preventing it from opening.
‘’Calm down there Kiwi, not anyone can be part of this group. You must have had resounding success in your explorer career.’’ He says. Kiwi looks at Harry while still turning the doorknob trying to open the door.
‘’What do you mean? I have had success as an explorer. I have been in several newspapers sharing my discoveries and boasting about my gathered wealth!’’ she says.
‘’Yes but those were just small articles. We are talking about MAJOR accomplishments here. Kwame for instance made headlines with degrading pavement from all the people that followed him. Anna discovered like five new elements and they are all named after her and there are several magazines just about Phailin! I wrote a book on how to exploit the markets of India with a chunk of gold and Min-Jeong has had numerous treasure exhibitions opened and visited by the Queen herself!’’ Harry says. Kiwi starts to get angry.
‘’But that’s cheating she is royalty herself!’’

The rest of the VIE group walks towards the door. Phailin pushes Kiwi aside.
‘’Hello there Harry, ready to talk about our vast amounts of resources and great success in life?’’ Min-Jeong asks. Harry smiles and nods.
‘’You bet, I’ve been looking forward to this for a while now.’’ He says and opens the door for the others and enters after the others. He turns to Kiwi while holding open the door.
‘’Better luck next time, with enough success you could join as well.’’ He says and slowly closes the door.
‘’Wait before you slam this door in my face tell me one thing.’’ Kiwi asks. Harry keeps the door open for slightly longer.
‘’Is Rivaleux part of this club too?’’ she asks. Harry says nothing for a few seconds.
‘’I can not comment on that.’’ He says and closes the door.

Rules:
  • Your Captain has to be either: Anna, Kwame, Phailin, Min-Jeong or Harry
  • You cannot bring any of the other Captain options on your crew, everyone else is fine
  • You must visit all of the following expeditions in any order: Celtic Code, Caribbean, Egypt, Anagogic Archipelago and Shangri-La*
  • You must play on Adventure mode.
* Non-DLC players can go to Transylvania instead of Anagogic Archipelago, they also do not have to go to Celtic Code (as you cannot select the expedition easily without DLC)

Scoring:
Your Score is your Renown
  • BRONZE: 3000 Renown (1MP*)
  • SILVER: 7000 Renown (2MP*)
  • GOLD: 13000 Renown (3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 17000 Renown (3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CET, 03/12/2020 (Or 12/03/2020 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

Game Version
Must be Build 522 or later

Story ideas:What could Kiwi do to improve her Renown? Why do they need a special club to brag about their scores? What was the discussion at the start about?

For the previous challenge - Challenge #195: Investigative Inclinations - click here

Last edited: