What's new

First impressions after my Lust campaign

Hofi

-First things first, I still have a lot to improve in my english so I am sorry for any mistakes in text.
-I think this game have a lot of potencial and I enjoyed the first 4 hours playing as a god of Lust, but I saw some nasty bugs and confusing stuff.
-But I post this after few of Your actualizations, so maybe something does not occur anymore

-The Songsmith passive ability Void-filling music is not used at the first round, but after the Songsmith or any ally turn (so he/she use Tune 3-times in one turn if enemy have dark disciple)
-Lust priests alluring body works strange if enemies are not all atracted to him/her. Becose it sometimes affect every enemy (even the ones who are not atracted) or it writes that everyone is not atracted (even if someone should be)

-The whole atraction looks strange if there is an option to, instantly and with no cost, change the sex of your disciples to better match your enemies(I like the full customization but than the whole affection should be probably reworked)
-I had a disciple who had 5 times -5 faith becose of debuff called obsessive knowledge and I dont even know why.

-I was little bit disapointed when I heard that Light/Dark style of god only affect visual of the map. I thought that if I would be Dark god of chastity for instance, my followers would whip or burn the sinners and the Light god of chastity would use some soft technic to "clean" the sinners. So I was little shocked when I as a Light god of Lust could choose to sacrifice my followers.

I really hope you will make this game another masterpiece :)

Hofi

Quick note - the Customisation option to change a Disciple's gender doesn't change attraction - there's a pop-up ! if you try it explaining that.
oh ok, I never really tried that becose I thought of it as a cheating.I should have at least test it. Good to know, thank you.

Blackvision

Kickstarter Backer Community Member for 2 years
Can agree with that. I agree with the need to limit it and the want to let people customise their disciples, but it's a messy place it's in currently. Suspect they're planning to change it up in time.

Of all the commandments, Lust is the one I'm least happy with as a starting point. The attraction mechanic is interesting, but both overly complex in an already complex game and really irritating from a gameplay point of view. All it takes is one blocker (Guardian or Druid, for example) who's not attracted to someone and they completely shut down any advantage you might've had - and without having double the roster size, that's a serious limitation.

Hofi

The customization is good, maybe it would be better if you could customize your Prophet and than any of the disciples BEFORE you take them by the trial, and then you couldnt.

And I played only one commandment so far, but I liked the Lust mechanic, its just you cant really take advantage of it, you just hope for best luck.

Moro

Kickstarter Backer
-Lust priests alluring body works strange if enemies are not all atracted to him/her. Becose it sometimes affect every enemy (even the ones who are not atracted) or it writes that everyone is not atracted (even if someone should be)
i agree. this is something that bothers me too. if it hits everyone it does like 0 damage and says not attracted every time. i think i have only seen it actually work maybe one fight and im not even sure now why because i wasnt paying attention to it then. however, i am guessing everyone in the sacrament was attracted. my guess is that if even one is not attracted it makes the ability do odd things.

-I was little bit disapointed when I heard that Light/Dark style of god only affect visual of the map. I thought that if I would be Dark god of chastity for instance, my followers would whip or burn the sinners and the Light god of chastity would use some soft technic to "clean" the sinners. So I was little shocked when I as a Light god of Lust could choose to sacrifice my followers.
yes this one disappoints me as well.

i wrote this about it on Steam because i think it should have some sort of effect.
i think there should be definite effects as well. for instance...

i just started a run as War/Light God
my very first prophet of the faith..? a dark executioner. how does this fit in to my religion? i think i should have started with maybe a Smitesword being a War god of Light. thats just my opinion on that one but i think it makes more sense thematically.

additionally, kind of like how War gives a detriment to Kind abilities and a buff to Violent abilities i believe Dark/Light/Neutral should have a similar efect.

this is how i would see it:

Dark Alignement ==> Dark and Ancestral (Death)
Light Alignment ==> Life and Divine
Neutral Alignment ==> Nature

i think if you pick up a Dark natured follower, or unlock them into a Dark class, while you are Aligned Light then there should be a penalty in faith. this would also be akin to the debuff for picking up a follower that believes in say Peace but you are a War god. therefore that follower will always suffer a faith debuff.