What's new

Forum suggestion

Blackvision

Kickstarter Backer Community Member for 2 years
Just a thought, but could we un-bold the subfolders at the top of the forum? It always makes me think there's new posts in them to read, which actually only happens when the 'new' pops up next to them. That or make the text different from the main forum threads somehow.

Maarten

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Community Member for 5 years Abbey Games Developer Kickstarter Backer
It's a good suggestion. The problem is that the 'forums' and the 'threads' use a different visual language, and when they're on the same page like that, it becomes confusing.

I've written down your suggestion on our web backlog, but I won't be working on that anytime soon - there's still a lot of game development that I want/need to do first. But consider it noted!

Blackvision

Another thought for the forum: I find it immensely confusing that the forum bar at the top doesn't list the current sub-folder in the bar. I keep thinking I've posted something in the wrong location.

Maarten

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Community Member for 5 years Abbey Games Developer Kickstarter Backer
Another thought for the forum: I find it immensely confusing that the forum bar at the top doesn't list the current sub-folder in the bar. I keep thinking I've posted something in the wrong location.
I agree as well. Sadly, this behavior is intended by the creators of the forum software, and as of yet I haven't found a way to 'fix' this. It's deep in the code base somewhere.

It doesn't just apply to sub-forums: the last node is always hidden and followed by a header instead:

I'd rather have that the top displays Home > Forums > Games > Godhood, even if it's a little verbose. I'll keep looking for a workaround.

Blackvision

Could we get any kind of change to the Search function? It's hopeless.

It only searches the current page you're on - you might as well just use ctrl+f.

For example, I know Rutger put up a post asking if anyone had encountered Exhaustion skills remaining exhausted between sacraments incorrectly. I just encountered it again, but damned if I can find the thread :s

Bas

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Community Member for 5 years
Could we get any kind of change to the Search function? It's hopeless.

It only searches the current page you're on - you might as well just use ctrl+f.

For example, I know Rutger put up a post asking if anyone had encountered Exhaustion skills remaining exhausted between sacraments incorrectly. I just encountered it again, but damned if I can find the thread :s
Thats strange, I dont seem to have this issue. If I search for "pink" I get a completely different thread than this one in another forum. I'm seeing this in the search bar, do you see the same?

(Minus perhaps the different theme obv). This is what my search returns:

This is what my search for Exhaustion returned: https://community.abbeygames.com/threads/for-rutger-exhaustion-issues.397/
First hit here: https://community.abbeygames.com/search/4229/?searchform=1&q=Exhaustion&o=date

What are you seeing?

Blackvision

Eg.

gives me:

(I'm raising this cause although 'mac' is a short term, it really is something a lot of users will want to look specifically for!)

and going for 'exhaust' gives me:

(Prior to posting my exhaustion thread, that's all I got, and there's no further listings despite knowing that there's more, even just on that Classes thread.)

Bas

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Community Member for 5 years
Eg. View attachment 734
gives me:
View attachment 735

(I'm raising this cause although 'mac' is a short term, it really is something a lot of users will want to look specifically for!)

and going for 'exhaust' gives me:
View attachment 736
(Prior to posting my exhaustion thread, that's all I got, and there's no further listings despite knowing that there's more, even just on that Classes thread.)
I changed the minimum word length from 4 to 2. How is that?