What's new

Godhood Alpha Review/Notes

dande313

Hi guys!

I'm excited to see a newAbbey Games on the market. I loved Renowned Explorers and Reus, and was greatful for the chance to try Godhood. I think you've got the makings of a great game here, and am excited to see where it goes. As always, I love the artwork and the humor. I would like to throw in a couple of suggestions though:
-The Crystal Skulls felt a bit arbitrary, as well as the "Converts". I like the having a "time pressure" for each island. I think you could easily combine the skulls into the "Converts", and take away a percentage of converts on a loss to mark "game over". Currently there isn't much incentive to gain converts, or not to use all the crystal skulls down to a specific breakpoint.
-The city building placement, disciple action phase I think could be streamlined, or have more added to it. It would be nice to be able to issue all instructions at once, and allow you to readjust them accordingly, instead of waiting for one right after the other to finish. I'd also like to be able to select the next "mission" at the end of the day, rather than the beginning and not be able to change it.
-There just doesn't seem to be many meaningful choices on the mission map. I wish I could experience more of the other religions "fighting back", or have multiple paths to conquor an island, or events other than sacraments.

Thanks again for all your hard work. I look forward to your next update!

AbbeyAdriaan

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Abbey Games Developer
Thanks Dande for your support and feedback!
Converts are going to be more important for the endgame. I'm looking to make them the key indicator of how well you played! Every crystal skull you have left at the end of an island will give you more followers. It should be a bit more than it does right now though. I'm thinking of different endings depending on the size of your religion...

Good one on the map! I'll see if I can improve there!