What's new

godhood god plans?

Noctua

Kickstarter Backer - Elder
Is there a plan you guys have in mind to make godhood more of a god game? Right now it feels more of a discipline management game tbh. I customize humans, I give humans abilities, but I don't feel like a god when playing it once I get out of the god customization screen :(

MasterMeus

I am sure that the religion customization will give a bit more umph. But this is supposed to be a hands off management game, like Black and White without the pet

RVWinkle

The developers have stated on several occasions that they intend to make the player feel more like an omniscient being in line with a traditional god game. At the same time, the first screen when you start the game clearly states that it's a roster management game. I associate it more with Football Manager or the Kairosoft games and don't really think it's fair to compare it to something like Populous, Black and White, or even REUS.

As far as plans go, they recently published a roadmap.

Noctua

tbf the kickstarter said it was a god game :p thus I do feel somewhat justified in whining. On that note I played so much REIS I just backed as a support for the monks whether this would become a game I would play or not.
But you are also correct the steam store page now markets it as a roster-management game. I was hoping there was a bit more than the general expand the scope known, but I guess it's a matter of patience

manuel

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Hey Noctua, thanks for voicing that. Criticism coupled with support, like you're giving us, is very motivating :)

About our plan: RVWinkle already linked the roadmap. It's our first attempt to outline more clearly our plans for Godhood. It's focused on fixing core issues that the game has, both in gameplay and in fulfilling the fantasy of creating your own religion and converting everyone to it. The first Milestone 1 'Create Your Own Religion' is what we're working on now, and I think it will do wonders for the game as a god game. We'll be releasing more info on it before it launches so that will hopefully help you judge our plans a bit more. In the end the update can only speak for itself, and I hope to hear your opinion when it launches! What I can already say is that we focus more on creating your religion, than on acting like a god. Other than that, I can only hope for your patience.

Thanks again for bringing this up. We're a bit silent about our plans, but that's only because we're hard at work designing and developing the next update!