What's new

Happiness balance in version 1.0x

Spariant4

Hi again monks,
My first few weeks with the release version have been fun, surely appreciate the changes since milestone 7, like customizing rituals and miracle buildings.

However I find myself missing the tighter balance on Happiness in milestone 7.
Not sure why you doubled all the numbers, maybe to balance later islands?
but now the game seems more about keeping happiness above 10, rather than 6-10 like before, and intermediate stages of happiness jumped over with big rewards and -2 on losses.

I think the game would be more solid if happiness was rebalanced to how it was before, when 10 happiness was very high and not so easy to have. It seems like a gimmick now, always swimming in high happiness until you do a few repeatable, even on hard. Breaks fantasy for me.

Again i don't know what you were balancing, but I much prefer the tighter older balance.

(also the tooltips on LOWER happines levels seem wrong, always saying good consequences often and bad rarely).

Spariant4

Honestly if you do a major patch again, consider making happiness like milestone 7, the game feels MUCH more like a well finished product when the scale is 0-10 and -1 on losses.
This and editing God on the go 🙂

BrunoCPaula

Lemme insert myself in as I was the one to suggest doubling the happiness gains/losses. This was meant to nerf Carnival, Community Elder and other sources of happiness which were too prevalent in the latest betas. Community Elder is still one of the strongest (if not the strongest) tradition in the game, and reducing the happiness scale by half would only make it even more powerful.

Spariant4

This was meant to nerf Carnival, Community Elder and other sources of happiness which were too prevalent in the latest betas. Community Elder is still one of the strongest (if not the strongest) tradition in the game, and reducing the happiness scale by half would only make it even more powerful.
Ah I see.
It's a smart idea, but doesn't it break overall game polish just for those traditions?
I don't EVER get 'bad' happenings in the releqse versions. Do you?

Also, this has inadvertently buffed 'Bribery', which has literally zero cost or cooldown. Elder is a great tradition I agree, but bribery is outright broken.