What's new

Loading and Saving?

Nox

When i quit to main menu or quit to desktop, my saves aren't saved. I lost my first religion and thought if i ran it in administrator it would make a difference but it didnt seem to.

Bas

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Community Member for 5 years
Hey Nox that's terrible!. Can you send me your abbeycore.txt file, hopefully that yields some more info for me to debug the issue

Reactions: Nox

Rutger

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Hey Nox, we had one other player reporting this: could you tell me your Steam username? Our current suspect is non-standard characters in Steam usernames that the game is not handling well.

Reactions: Nox

Uljer

I'm experiencing a similar problem. The UI is showing that it is saving, but there are no saved games to load. My abbeycore.txt file is showing the following error. Is there a way to fix this?

Unable to write to 'C:\Users\Yavapai\Documents\Godhood\savedata\ blank /Zurn.godhood': The file is not open.

TailBit

I think it is relevant to this that when I was looking for the save files for this game, then I couldn't find it in the documents folder, I also looked in %appdata% and %localappdata% ..

There IS a Godhood folder in documents, with a userdata folder and a settings.ini inside there, but no other files.

All my save files were located in the cloud area where steam usually copies the save files after the game have been closed, so where the actual save files are located I've go no clue of.

Do you guys that have this problem have steam cloud disabled?

The abbycore file is just me creating a new file with manual saves, then save once and then quit to menu before closing program.. I do find the file afterwards.

Attachments

Blackvision

Kickstarter Backer Community Member for 2 years
I heavily recommend trying changing your profile name in-game to see if that's messing with it: it defaults to your steam profile name, but previously some characters stopped windows creating the folder to save into. That *should* be fixed, but given that this is exactly what happened then, I suggest trying it:

Go to Settings in game, General, Manage Profiles to change/select them.

Rutger

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Hey Uljer, could you tell me what your original profile name or steam display name is? :)