What's new

Milestone #1.1: Create Your Own Religion [Wednesday 30th of October 2019, 13:00] (Build 0.15.8)

Rutger

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
New patch! Mostly a loooot of bug fixes, and small quality of life stuff.

NEW:
- Added feedback for gaining XP while in the city
- Miracle gain animations are now skippable

BALANCE:
- Impossible should not actually be impossible
- When losing a Sacrament, you only lose 20% of tribute instead of 50%

FIXED:
- Initiate summoning now never costs more than a few seconds
- Fixed 'Awakening' Development in for Chastity
- Missions with multiple Sacraments now only cost 1 Crystal Skull
- Fixed crash that sometimes happened after initiating a new Disciple
- Fixed camera often zooming in too much during Sacraments
- Clarified spending of Ability Points
- Fixed time display in main menu
- All Temple Miracles now last 4 days instead of 1
- Relic notification no longer displays twice
- Dedication placement now only shows one button per building
- Potential fix for fire balls showing up in the city
- Fixed some instances where it was possible the game skipped days in case of hiccups
- Fixed auto saves at incorrect times, causing crashes when loading
- Fixed Disciples sometimes leaving your religion twice, causing a crash

Rutger

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Build 0.15.9 fixes a crash when assigning disciples that were already assigned

Wendek

Hello, back again for some more remarks/feedback regarding this patch. :)
  • How are the Crystal Skulls actually supposed to work in Ambitious mode? At first I thought that reaching zero at the end of a sacrament would mean defeat, so that you have to attempt a node with Skulls as a reward once you reach 1, but that's not what happens in-game. It appears that you can sustain at 0 Skulls for a long time with no apparent penalty, except the fact that if you lose a single sacrament you'll be done. Is this intended or not? Because if yes, then you'll still be forced to advance at one point (since you need a Skull for the repeatables) but the time pressure is a lot smaller than in the other case.
  • Speaking of repeatables, you totally can farm them even with 0 Skull right now, but that part is pretty clearly a bug.
  • Sometimes I got two God Levels when beating the Old City, which kinda ruins a run because it makes you feel like you're cheating. (Pretty massive difference between reaching God level 7 at the next node or 6, since you get a New Initiates buff at 7)
  • Some skills like Question still have "Target Across" in their description, which would probably be confusing for a new player since all skills now target across by default. Unless it means that those skills will always target across and are not affected by the new Knowledge mechanic?
  • The Temple of Madness' upgrades are very cheap (20 and 30 materials compared to 100 and 200 for the others), probably values left over from when the quantity of materials was a lot lower.
  • One of the enemy groups on Iztla's island has no name, it's the one that gives the uncommon relic (see attachment)

Attachments

Last edited:

Rutger

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Build 0.15.10 is up, which fixes your first issue: you lose the game if you lose a sacrament when _entering_ it with 0 crystal skulls. You get a warning about it.

Wendek

Hm so that means if you have 1 skull left with no node with a skull reward in sight, you've already lost even if there's no defeat screen yet? Because you'll reach 0 from your next fight and then won't be able to do another fight?

Rutger

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
You can always start another sacrament, as long as you keep winning them. As soon as you enter a sacrament with 0 skulls and you lose that sacrament, the game is lost. The goal is to give you the option of a "high risk, high reward" last ditch effort attempt :)

Wendek

Oh my bad I had misread your previous post, I thought it said you'd lose no matter the result of the sacrament. But then I don't understand how it's different from yesterday's build? It was already the case that you would lose the game if you lost a sacrament while having 0 skulls left, but if you kept winning you could stay at 0 for several turns - that's what my question was about.

Rutger

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
There was actually a new bug where you would lose the game if you entered a sacrament with 1 skull and lost, which is what we fixed :) Sorry for the confusion! 😅

Wendek

So... it's intended that you can stay at 0 then, but just can't/shouldn't be able to do repeatables? I'm fine with it to be clear (and in fact, I wonder how many of the people reporting pacing issues think like I did at first, because it certainly feels less "Damocles Sword" if you can actually take the time to do every node before moving on to the next island), I just don't want to feel like cheating if I'm using that option during my games. :)

Rutger

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
0.15.11 fixes a crash that happened if you started the game without an internet connection. No DRM intended! :D

Rutger

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
0.15.12 fixes buildings sometimes being available even though they weren't unlocked yet