Abbey Games Developer
Hey there Young Gods!
Rick is away on a well deserved holiday, so I'm filling in for a bit
One of our big goals during Early Access is to make the religions you create feel more unique. While the full release of the next milestone is still some weeks away, we'd like to give you all an opportunity to get a first sniff at the direction we're taking with this first Milestone update.
The big feature of this Milestone is Developments. These are ideological choices you can make about about what values your religion promotes (or forbids!) within each Commandment. Every Commandment will have a bunch of unique choices and directions that you can work through by gathering more Followers. Every Development you complete will grant you a gameplay bonus, as well as some flavor to make your religion more unique.
Limitations of the current beta:
- Only Peace and Lust are available at the moment
- We don't have the content at the moment to support a full playthrough, so you might get stuck somewhere after the first island
- What kind of god do you want to be? Does the game let you do that? What topics do you think are missing?
- Does picking a new Development feel interesting? Do you look forward to it?
- Were there any specific Developments or Commandments that felt more or less interesting than the rest? Why?
- Balance is mostly the same as the current live version outside of Developments and God Levels, so there might be some unbalanced stuff going on.
- Existing game mechanics outside of Developments. We are very aware of existing flaws in those mechanics, and we'll be integrating some of those changes in the coming weeks. Stay tuned
- This is not a QA beta: we're mostly interested in what you think about the new mechanic. We're very aware of all the small little loose bits, bugs and typos!
- Challenge yourself! The game balance is a tad on the easy side, so you'll have a lot more fun if you try to get to the end while doing as little nodes as possible. We are currently working on a more systemic change to bring this challenge out
- Try to look for synergies between the effects of the Developments and your regular strategies
- Depending on how fast you play, expect roughly an 30 minutes to an hour of content
Let us know what you think!