Abbey Games Developer
Hello dear testers, long time no see!
We have a new preview for you gods, and honestly I'm very excited to bring it to you!
Another one of our big goals in Early Access is to increase depth of the game. With this second update, we hope to show you a big step into the right direction. We took many of the points of feedback we received, and tried to fit them all together as well as we could. The game looks the same, but will play quite a bit different. There are no tutorials, so please read on.
- You now have Crystal Skulls, which need to be Sacrificed on a mission. If you lose a Mission without a Crystal Skull you lose your connection to the world and it's game over. Only bosses give you new Crystal Skulls! Crystal Skulls will also be your main score modifier in the future.
- Preparing for your next Mission is now more important. For example each miracle building now also has a job attached to it, that increases in cost every time it's used by the same disciple. The current options are limited, but there is a good chance you'll need one of them to succeed in the short term!
- Disciples will always target across. However, the smarter they are in comparison with their opponents, the higher the chance they will pick an optimal target. This vastly changes how much influence you have on your Sacraments.
- Initiative is Individual. Something we've been wanting for a time! Some Sacraments become harder, other become easier.
- Costs, Unlocks and Classes are now structured differently. All commandments start out with only 6 classes unlocked, even missing one element each.
- Worshipper Support is removed. Instead you spend Offerings to initiate new disciples. Going to need those offerings!
- Repeatable nodes are back. They still cost a Crystal Skull though!
- Randomly built Residential Districts make your village look more in line with your commandment.
- Many small improvements: you can see how much Enthusiasm you have left, time between days has been sped up, There are a few random Sacraments, You can see stats during level up, Highscore screen shows you religion better and more. We also made small steps into incorporating your feedback on the Development trees as well.
- Only Peace and Lust are available at the moment
- You'll probably find the economy stalling later in the game - I simply didn't have the time to touch it yet.
- Since this whole things throws the balance of the game upside-down, I've started working on a new world-map. It will also serve as our testing ground for our next Milestone Update: a more exciting world to convert!
Questions for you:
- How many Crystal Skulls did you have left at the end of the game?
- Do you feel more challenged?
- Do you think the pacing and speed of the game improved?
- Did you find success using a small number of disciples? Did you find success with a bigger amount too?
We will try to use your feedback to achieve the best possible next update! Thanks in advance for all your help!