What's new

New Follower Too Powerful?

Therew

I have a new follower who costs too much to add but I don't see any way to dismiss them or someone else so I can add them. So I'm stuck on this screen.

Attachments

TailBit

ESC or press the [X] in the corner to close it? Or do the game keep you from doing so?

The good thing is that the ones you don't take in don't age, but still, this is early game, so you should take him in as soon if possible, later the new recruits will get buffed and his usefulness will falter.

TailBit

Okay, there have been 2 more reports of this in the Discord, it is the first time you gain new disciples, then the game wants you to get 4 disciples in your party, but at the same time it doesn't allow you to dismiss below 3 disciples .. so do this wrong and you are softlocked ..

To solve this, force crash the game by Alt+F4, when you then start it you will be at your last battle (that's when it autosaves) .. then make sure you take a disciple you can afford ^^;;

I think they just need to change what the game looks for to progress, so not if it is 4 in the party but rather if you have pressed the add to party button.

Blackvision

Kickstarter Backer Community Member for 2 years
Or just not require you to pickup someone new. There's no real reason why you should have to anyway. Limiting you to 3+ followers is fine as you need that for sacraments, but there's no reason why you should *have* to recruit someone, especially as future ones don't and there's no need to have 4 anyway.

Therew

Okay, there have been 2 more reports of this in the Discord, it is the first time you gain new disciples, then the game wants you to get 4 disciples in your party, but at the same time it doesn't allow you to dismiss below 3 disciples .. so do this wrong and you are softlocked ..

To solve this, force crash the game by Alt+F4, when you then start it you will be at your last battle (that's when it autosaves) .. then make sure you take a disciple you can afford ^^;;

I think they just need to change what the game looks for to progress, so not if it is 4 in the party but rather if you have pressed the add to party button.
Yes, I had to force quit the game but after that the problem never resurfaced.