What's new

Newfound Shores Beta out today!

AbbeyAdriaan

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Abbey Games Developer
Hey young gods!

For those who want to get your hands on an early version of the Newfound Shores update: The beta is here from 14-02 on! All you have to do is right click on your game, in the steam library, go to properties, and select the beta.

If you do, please consider helping us! You can leave your feedback here in this forum. We would love to hear both positive messages and criticism, as well as bugs or imbalances. If you got ideas for our future updates, let us know as well!

Hopefully, you can help us making the update as enjoyable as possible!

- Greetings from the Abbey

Last edited by a moderator:

Wendek

Hi guys,

I'm enjoying the beta so far. Before I go make some more detailed feedback, I do have a couple of questions/remarks on the technical side of things that I feel don't warrant a new thread:
  • Once I beat the Elders and chose my Religion tenet, I lost access to my "main" development path. As in, now I can only choose from Human Sacrifice developments and can't go back to War (unless I'm being blind and missed a button somewhere). Is it intended? It's a bit frustrating since I really wanted to get to one of the Temples before diving into the tenet.
  • Seems there's a bug with some miracles. I purchased several improvements to the Hunter's Lodge but when my disciple performed a Wondrous Hunting Miracle, he got the very basic +2/+1. Screenshots attached. Also the action description says "Farmlands" for the Lodge, but that's just a minor typo.
    Further testing shows that the issue isn't related to a specific miracle type, but to the "wondrous" ones. Basically if your disciple does a "wondrous" miracle they don't get any benefit out ot the building upgrades, making those "best" miracles ironically much worse than base ones.
  • CRASH: I completed a Sacrament by breaking all the opponents before reaching X conversions (I'm playing as War, that's to be expected) and the game immediately crashed. I already sent the report, but I'd rather mention it here as well. I can send you the savegame if you want to, though you'll have to remind me where to find them. :p
    Surprisingly, in my next game I also ended a sacrament by breaking all of the opponents (I'm using a mostly morale-focused party this time, but 250 followers is a LOT) and it didn't crash, so I guess it's not systematic.

Attachments

Last edited:

RVWinkle

Kickstarter Backer - Elder
  • Once I beat the Elders and chose my Religion tenet, I lost access to my "main" development path. As in, now I can only choose from Human Sacrifice developments and can't go back to War (unless I'm being blind and missed a button somewhere). Is it intended? It's a bit frustrating since I really wanted to get to one of the Temples before diving into the tenet.
Oops, I made a separate thread with my feedback before I saw this thread. I ended up posting about this same issue but I'm pretty sure it's not intended because it only happened on on of my runs.

Wendek

Well it happened to both of mine now, and it is in fact completely blocking the second one. I can't assign jobs (and thus pass time) because I need to "Choose a development first", but the Funeral Rites tree is pretty small with lots of mutually exclusive choices, so I actually can't choose anything.

manuel

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
An update of the beta (v16.7.1) is online that fixes a number of things.
* Crash when winning the game by breaking all opponents and simultaneously triggering a reaction attack
* Removed possibility to load/continue games from previous unsupported game versions
* Fixed crash in intro battle when playing with Cook that casts 'Split Meal'
* Fixed crash in battle against Viag the Never Fallen
* Fixed crash when clicking a completed mission on the world map when it's time for the destined sacrament
* (presumably) fixed disappearing of commandment tree in religion development screen.

Wendek, this means your religion development issue should be fixed, even in your save-game, as well as your crash.