What's new

Save game bugs

illya

I've had a few bugs regarding savefiles with the new update and would like to mention them in case it's not already known. ( Manual saves are enabled just in case I run into bugs )

1: this is a very minor UI bug i'd imagen, when you open the "load game" menu every saved game has a red background color for some reason. this dose not change you're in game colors or affect anything else from what I can tell. it simply bugs me honestly xD

2:if you try to load a save file that is not the newest one ( for example to retry a fight ) the game crashes instantly. both old auto saves and manual saves seem to cause this. this also happens if you have quite the game and then on a later date try and load an older file. since I was at it anyways I tried to get around this by deleting the newest autosave and try and load the one prior ( delete 4 then load 3) this resulted in the game attemting to load something but then just returning to the main menu. this also happend if you clicked the "continue" button on the main menu. meaning I've completly lost the game I was attemting since I litteraly can't load it.

my computers spec's are well over the recommended so I doubt it's a problem on my end ( this also only happens when I play goodhood ) but if any technical data is needed I'd be happy to provide it if I can.

ps, I really love the new update so far. it really did fix a lot of the things that bugged me in the first version, so keep up the great work!

Rutger

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Great to hear that you like the new update! :)

1) This one has been on my list for forever, but there's always bigger fish to fry! Should get around to it someday soon ;)

2) That doesn't sound good! Do you report the crashes through the crash reporter when they occur? Doing that sends us the last save file and allows us to look at what's going on.

Thanks for reporting!

illya

I do most of the time however this crash dosn't trigger the crash reporter, is it possiable to open the bug reporter and send it manualy?

illya

Nvm this time when I attemted to continue the game crashed again and opened the reporter, I'll send it now thx for the fast reply

Rutger

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Looking at the save file, it seems to be loading directly into the Sacrament, which shouldn't be possible (but apparently is!). Could you tell me the exact steps you've taken to create this save file, starting from a new game?

illya

Looking at the save file, it seems to be loading directly into the Sacrament, which shouldn't be possible (but apparently is!). Could you tell me the exact steps you've taken to create this save file, starting from a new game?
I started a new game like normal and picked war, then was testing some strategis with the new tribut system, in this case focus on getting followers and rushing a temple of war. once this was done I keept playing like normal. then as for the sacrament in question I remember losing badly then proceeding along to the village screen, there I left to the main menu to try and reload an old autosave and the crashes was the result. as for the fact that it loads directly into a sacrament, I was thinking that was normal since the game autosaves the moment you start a fight from what I know. even in the last version I think this was the case as anytime for whatever reason I quite the game in a fight most commonly alt+F4 or crash after loading I would be placed into the start of that fight.

as for how the save was made as stated it's an autosave from godhood, nothing manual from what I can remember.

on another note the new game I'm currently playing never has this issue, I'm able to just open the menu in game and load any of the normal 1-5 autosaves without it crashing. as a result of this every save seems to now load stright after a sacrament onto the "mission succes" or "mission failer" window

if there is anything that needs more detail it would help if you mentioned something specific as I honestly have no clue where to start.

Last edited:

Blackvision

Kickstarter Backer Community Member for 2 years
I know I had the same issue a while back when it autosaved between sacraments in a multi-sacrament node; but that was fixed by them turning off autosaves between sacraments, and not had that problem since myself.

Might the previous issue have been older patch saves clashing with the new patch? Might explain why the newer one is working alright.

illya

both games had the same patch build as far as I know so I doubt it, unless some small hotfix was made in the 1-2 hour gap between them.