RickSo

Abbey Games Developer
Developer

It's been a while and we've teased it a bunch, but now it's finally time to open up about Godhood a bit. We've planned to share some insight into what's going on behind the scenes through posts, visual content, chats, and whatnot on a very, very short term. But that's not all; we also want (some of) you to start playing the game! That's what the alpha testing program is for.

In the past couple of weeks, we've secretly already let a handful of community members play around with an alpha version of the game. And in the coming weeks, we're going to let some more people in, starting Wednesday the 5th of December.

As we hope you understand, we'll keep the group of testers small in the beginning. We aim to let new testers in with every update to the alpha version of the game that we release, to keep a fresh perspective on things. So even if you don't get access right away, you might get in at a later time.

And no matter if you're testing the game or not, from this moment on we want to work together with you to make Godhood the best game it can be. So we hope to see you around, either here in the community, in the testing program, or both of course.

From the Abbey.
Sincerely,

- Rick

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi! I just found out your Godhood game through a blog and I'm excited to try it out. The premise seems really interesting and as a fellow gamedev I'd love to see how y'all make your game.

I just have a small concern regarding the google forms signup--

Call me a paraoid, but I was curious as to how y'all are going to handle the personal information (full name + home address) in said signup. I've never used google forms, nor do I know where will you store this information and how will you use/protect it.

It's not like you're going to post it on the internet, but I'm kind of not comfortable giving out my full address. Would the city, postal code, and country suffice?

I'm sorry if this question seems off! It's just that in this day and age it seems like protecting your personal information is getting harder...

Rutger

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Hey morningstar,

Thanks for the question. You're right to be a bit paranoid about giving away your home address of course :) Unfortunately, to be able to enforce the NDA in case of a breach, we do need that information. It's stored in the Google Sheet that Google Forms spits out, as well as on a Trello board (for our administration). Both of these are accessible by the same team members who have access to our financial data, so it's in our own best interest to keep that safe ;) This does mean the information is potentially stored outside the EU, which might be a concern for some people. The GDPR pretty strictly only allows us to use the information you give us for the purpose it's given for. So in this case, your email address and usernames can only be used for communicating and registering for the alpha test, and your full name and home address can only be used for enforcing the NDA in case of a breach. The GDPR also forces us to remove all the data once we're no longer using it for these purposes, which in this case would mean on release of the full game.

I have added a clarification to the sign-up form (because we should be as upfront as possible about this). Thanks for notifying us about this :)

RickSo

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Hi YouKnowConnor!

Yes, invitations have been sent out. Note that it's only a small amount of invitations for now.
We will periodically be releasing new alpha builds for testing, and with each round we'll invite some more testers on, so keep an ear to the ground and an eye towards the heavens: you might be one of the chosen!

Hi YouKnowConnor!

Yes, invitations have been sent out. Note that it's only a small amount of invitations for now.
We will periodically be releasing new alpha builds for testing, and with each round we'll invite some more testers on, so keep an ear to the ground and an eye towards the heavens: you might be one of the chosen!
thank you for the reply, hope to try the game soon!

Just found out about the Alpha today so I guess I missed the first batch ;) Really enjoyed both REIS and REUS, so would love to be able to contribute to Godhood! :)

Rutger

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Thanks for signing up!

The first batch was extremely tiny: less than ten people currently, and we've had a few hundred sign-ups for alpha. We want the game to be a lot more playable before we let in lots of people, so it might be a few months! If you do happen to miss out for a while, just know that we do greatly appreciate all the signups, it's massively humbling to know you are all so interested in playing and testing our game! :)