What's new

Some Achievements unlocking incorrectly (GOG offline install)

Spariant4

Some achievements are not unlocking as they should. Installed via GOG WITHOUT Galaxy.
. "Explorer" (defeat every boss atleast once) doesn't unlock even after finishing (winning) the game, with all nodes completed. "Absolute Supremacy" (finish all nodes) has unlocked, but not Explorer. Isn't this impossible, or am I understanding this achievement incorrectly?
. "Perfected Mind" and "Elemental Balance" have unlocked even when I have NOT met their requirements. These unlocked very early too, maybe in the first session of launching the game after install.

I wonder if these have happened with others too? There was a bug with GOG Galaxy crashing related to achievements, but I believe that was fixed and I am not using Galaxy now.
Does a reinstall reset all achievements?

Wendek

From what I understand, "Explorer" means beating every possible boss across multiple playthroughs, e.g. do all 4 of the level 2 islands at least once, all 3 of the level 3 ones, etc. But I'm quiiite confident that I've done just that and still don't have it so it's possible that I've also misunderstood it or that it's simply bugged. Perhaps it also counts the variants of the initial islands as different bosses? In which case you'd be completely dependoent on RNG for whether or not you see all of them.
I don't have "Perfected Mind" (on Steam) after many games so you may have had a glitch with that one if you unlocked it without the prerequisites. "Elemental Balance" also worked fine for me, I unlocked it when I first got a Disciple of every element in an active roster.

manuel

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Spariant4, thanks for reporting.
"Explorer" is still bugged, but on our radar.
Perfected Mind and Elemental Balance were both fixed in the most recent hotfix. It can be that you haven't updated to that version yet, since you're not using GOG Galaxy.
The Galaxy achievements crash was fixed as well I believe. I'm not sure how exactly Galaxy works, but I think it should store any achievements in your account even after a reinstall. However, if your achievements are currently tracked without Galaxy, you might lose them. I don't think you can transfer these from your local version to Galaxy (or Steam for that matter).

Spariant4

Perfected Mind and Elemental Balance were both fixed in the most recent hotfix. It can be that you haven't updated to that version yet, since you're not using GOG Galaxy.
thanks manuel. I did update using the patch installer, and am currently running 1.06.
But those 2 achievements didn't reset.
Anything I can do manually, like tweak abbeycore.text, to set them to locked again?

manuel

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Hey Spariant, unfortunately locking the achievements again is not possible from a file.
abbeycore.txt is just a log file reporting information about the game, and does not influence the game itself.

Sorry I can't help you any further!