What's new

Translation mistakes!

Rutger

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Godhood is our first game in which we're supporting seven languages from launch! Keeping all these languages up to date is a pretty big task, especially if you speak exactly one of those languages ;) This means there might still be mistakes present, especially in the non-English translations. To help us fix those as quickly as possible, you can post any translation mistake you find here in this thread. Please include a screenshot if at all possible, and some text explaining what is wrong and how it might be fixed. Remember, we don't speak any of the non-English languages in the game, so we might need some help there!

0wn3dg0d

Hello there.
Have no fear, the translation engineer is here.

=Russian=

MM Issues:

№1

(3)
Português brasileiro
Deutsch
English
Español
Français
Русский
汉语

[From a player's point of view, who wants to choose other language rather than English\Russian\etc, it's logical that this part should be in their own language (so they can understand what they are choosing)]

=========

№2

(1) Загрузить игру

[For translators: В английских названиях номенклатурных единиц все слова пишутся с большой буквы. В русском языке это недопустимо, если только в капитализации нет дополнительного смысла — например, иронического или стилистического. (Таинственный Ужас Неизведанных Глубин). Нельзя переводить Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles как Межконтинентальные Баллистические Ракеты.]

=========
№3

(2)
Случайно

(5)
у вас
[Во всех предыдущих предложениях идёт обращение от непричастного лица]

(7)
вы
[Во всех остальных предложениях идёт обращение на вы]

(8)
?..
[Такая постановка знаков недопустима, в русском языке есть только:
  • ?!
  • ?!!
  • !!!
  • ?..
  • !..
  • ?!.
Вопросительный знак может быть только один.
Восклицательный знак — только после него и никак не наоборот.
Восклицательных знаков может быть максимум два после вопросительного и три, если они идут подряд.]

=========
№4

=========
№5

/////////////
Gameplay localization issues - Coming soon.
/////////////

If there's a way to check localization files?
'cause for now this files are compiled.

Last edited:

Rutger

Abbey Games Developer
Developer
Holy crap, thanks for the elaborate report 0wn3dg0d! I've passed it on to our localizers, we'll be looking at some of the layouting stuff ourselves :)

0wn3dg0d

Holy crap, thanks for the elaborate report 0wn3dg0d! I've passed it on to our localizers, we'll be looking at some of the layouting stuff ourselves :)
I guess it's a bit early to check Russian translation, 'cause it's looks like work in progress at the current stage of EA.

EG:

This moment looks like a typical machine translation placeholder.
It says:
"Press the follower named War
Are you sure in an effort to make War the virtue?
"

Or

It says:
"a turn to the left"

================

So, maybe it's too early to check Russian translation, if translators still working on it?

================

P.S. Space problem

Ryunos

Kickstarter Backer Kickstarter Backer - Elder
Oh nice to see another French speaker. Here I come.
I have a bunch of screens of texts that have not been translated:

Some things to say on the creation god screen:

1 : I'd say "Aléatoire". I've seen it a couple of times in games.
FR : Comme il s'agit de l'apparence du dieu qui est aléatoire, j'utiliserais l'adjectif plutôt que l'adverbe

And then there's a big problem that French is going to cause you.

You see in English you could easily say "they are opposing the great Ryunos!" but in French it's not that easy. As you seem to encourage dinivity name and religion that start with "Le", which is the masculine translation of "The" in French, some sentences sound really weird. "à Le" is not correct, anyone that speak French would tell you that you have to say "au" and the same happens later, with "de". Words may change depending on the one before. I suggest to the translators to avoid all words like "de" and "à" in translations when the player's religion name or divinity name comes after. Bon courage !

ChisKay

1. Typical machine translation error in Main Menu on Russian version.

This text means "Picking up" instead of "Collection"

Correct option is "Коллекция"
Like it is here:

Nilate

Kickstarter Backer - Chieftain!
Version: 0.12.16 Early Access
=Russian=
Issues:

• In "Small Market Miracle" dialog ("Малое рыночное чудо"), the description text may have formatting errors, which causes the markup to be displayed.
SmallMarketMiracle-description.png
  • When it's time to level up, the button overflows its bounds.
LevelUp.png

• The "Inspire Miracle" button's tooltip may have formatting errors, which causes the markup to be displayed.
InspireMiracle.png

• The "Active Abilities" of Rage Prophet may have formatting errors, which causes the markup to be displayed.
RageProphet-Abilities.png

• In the Main Menu > Settings > General > Manage Profiles dialog, the Delete button is visually truncated on the right.
ProfileSelection.png

Suggestions:
Note: I am not a native Russian speaker, and so my suggestions could be inaccurate.
  • Change "devotees" to "сторонников", so that the action panel for the Temple Grounds reads "Собрать сторонников".
FanaticsGrounds-Devotees.png

EmbraceConverts.png

CharacterSex.png

• Add a translation for the "Miracle Charge" in the Character Overview panel:
    • Чудо-заряд
      Когда это полно, вы можете вдохновителю <Insert Character Name Here> сделать чудо.
MiracleCharge.png

• Add a translation for the "Only takes half the time!" tooltip, which appears when hovering over the bright green "Obediently" icon in the Character Overview panel:
    • Только занимает половину времени!
      Если выполняемый чудо, то дополнительный шанс на великом!

Last edited:

Nabu93

Version: 0.12.19 Early Access
=Russian=

*Should be "Редкие реликвии" instead "Редкость Реликвии"
"Редкие" is adjective in plural form, means "rare". "Редкость" is noun, means "rarity".​
Please don't use capital letters for subsequent words in russian titles. Use an uppercase letter for a first word only.​

Nabu93

Version: 0.12.19 Early Access
=Russian=

It's not a mistake, however the word "ваша" (means "yours") is better than "наша" (means "our") in this context, because in others sentences you use "вам" ("to you") and "ваших" ("yours" in plural form).