What's new

UI issue: no cancel button

Sandy Shades

As it stands currently, I have found no button or hotkey to cancel a task (inspire, build, etc.) and return to the village screen. I used to circumvent this by clicking the map button and then returning to the village. However, since the building overhaul, this has become a real issue when you are not able to build anything. Since there are no interactive buttons when you have insufficient resources, you are stuck in a terminal state in the UI. The only way to return to the village is by exiting the game and reopening again, which discourages me to try out the game further. I have attached a screenshot of this state. A solution would be to add a clearly visible cancel button to all task screens.

I am running the game on Mac OS 10.14.6. If you guys need any clarification on this issue or can point out to me that I have blatantly overlooked an already available button or hotkey, feel free to reach out to me.

Attachments

RVWinkle

Kickstarter Backer - Elder
I think in your example, you can right click at any spot except for the menu. That's how it works in Windows at least. I think I saw a mention from the devs recently stating that they are aware of the interface inconsistency.

Sandy Shades

You're right, thanks dude! I'm playing on a MacBook, so right clicking doesn't come natural. That makes it a UX rather than a UI issue.